Version 1.3.5: Engine upgrade! Now using FNA & 64-bit only!
I put it off as long as I could, but I finally made the big technical change required for further development - Horizon's Gate now runs on FNA, and from here on, it is ONLY 64-bit!
Horizon's Gate has been converted from XNA to FNA! What does this mean exactly?
- Development on Horizon's Gate and any future games using the same engine can continue!
- XNA was extremely difficult to set up on new computers - now I can work on it from anywhere.
- I'm no longer screwed if the one single computer I had XNA on dies!
- I can finally use modern tools! With XNA I was locked into using Visual Studio 2010.
- Porting to other platforms is still very unlikely, but is now technically possible.
- (There's still a ton of work and testing required for any port, so don't get your hopes up)
Additionally, Horizon's Gate is now a 64-bit ONLY app.
- Why? Because 32-bit apps have a hard memory limit which I was hitting. Now I can add new images, sounds, and songs!
- v1.3.5 and onward will not run on 32-bit-only computers (supposedly less than 0.5% of Steam users).
- v1.2.1 will remain available indefinitely for users who can only run 32-bit applications.
- Ravager's 'Despair' base MP drain increased from 1 -> 4
- Warrior's 'Battlecry' base accuracy increased by 20%
- Gatewarder's 'Gate: Shield' ranks now grant +10t duration instead of +1 max range
- Warden's 'Enduring Negate' passive protection increased to 1 + half your Life skill
- Fixed Revel duration being 5t instead of 50t
- Fixed resolution settings showing when using Borderless Fullscreen mode
- Fixed weather effects stopping after the second scene of the intro
- Fixed Hagger not automatically joining the landing party when hired
- Fixed crash when opening class window after uninstalling a class mod you had equipped
- (Modding) comments "--" can now be added after code in the same line
- (Modding) Added special error detection for mods that identifies some missing semicolons for the modder
- (Modding) Fixed XP drain attacks not working
- (Modding) Added console command 'listfx' which displays a list of all FX
Get Horizon's Gate
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.